Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In the Blink of an Eye!

Have you intended to do something, put it off, gotten side-tracked, and just never got around to it?  I found myself in this position when my computer screen monitor faded to BLACK.  I first suspected the backlight of my monitor, but tested it, and it wasn't the monitor.  I quickly determined my computer had C R A S H E D.

There was my 500GIG external drive, sitting next to my computer, waiting to be put to use.  Next to my desk chair, there was the new package of DVD's.  I had planned to use both to have an extra back up for my hard drive and also have multiple copies of thousands of pictures I had taken...  Yes, that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Not a good feeling, and I faced the possibility all my data could be gone.  I was encouraged to be positive, so I was able to go to sleep that night.  What was important were the photos.  Everything else could be easily replaced, nothing else really mattered that much.  There were many pictures of my children.  These were the most important ones.

I was referred to a young rather gifted young guy who works on computers when he isn't in college classes.  I took my desktop and also my laptop (it was less than a year old and appeared to have some software issues- wouldn't hook up to the internet, although systems checked out).  The laptop was fixed fairly quickly (software glitch).  The desktop hard drive was checked out & worked fine.  It was a Windows Vista
C R A S H, and I was very pleased the outcome wasn't worse!  All the data was transferred to my external hard drive & will be reinstalled on my desktop after I get Windows7.  In the meantime, I have had to set up my laptop to use for business and personal use.  It will be a busy couple of days, but there will be a backup regularly done, and also I am getting mirror image software!  I don't want to be in this position again.

Once I deal with my computer issues, I am going to order more honey bees!  I miss them buzzing around our garden and especially our orchard...

No comments:

Post a Comment